Monday, August 31, 2009

This is the most unmotivating incentive you could possibly give me, even a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would be better

I hate football.

I hate it.

I hate it with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.

My hate for football is limitless.

I've written many a post on just how much I loath this sport.

Where am I going with this....

Well, as you probably are well aware my un-fellow football lovers, the current football season is getting underway. Never mind that baseball hasn't even had a chance to finish. Leave it to football to stomp in all drunken and dizzy from one too many hits upside the head and completely take over. Awesome.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if during a baseball game a confused football team ran on the field and just started going at it...eh...that might be kind of funny for a minute actually...hum...but I digress.

My hate for all things football being so incredibly strong, it would seem fairly obvious that the one thing that would certainly not motivate me in any way, shape, or form, would be a football-related contest.

cue *heavy sigh*

Also cue *Megan talking about work...AGAIN*

Currently, El Banco, would like for us to get as many mortgage referrals to our mortgage lenders as possible. And why not? I mean first time home buyers could qualify for an $8,000 tax credit! Home prices are at fire-sale lows!

We already have a contest going and I'm fine with it - it's pretty motivating. Could result in fabulous prizes. I'm good to go. Consider me properly motivated.

Then, this just showed up in my e-mail inbox:

"Look in the back at our 'Packer Mortgage Referral Contest'. I would like to see every one of our [-----] Team receive a 'Touchdown'!!!
As a bonus: The first person who gets a qualified referral to [our mortgage lender] will get a Packer Shirt!
GO PACK...er...[-----] TEAM GO!"

I wish I was kidding.

How many more months of this??

What?? HOW LONG??

Someone hand me a rusty fork....**sigh**

No comments:

Post a Comment