Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hum...maybe I'm NOT so good with the kiddos

This was written awhile back when the boyfriend and I were still living in my apartment. While I had forgotten about it until recently, I still think it's worth sharing. Please to enjoy.

SCENE: My apartment on a Sunday morning. The boyfriend and I have his son, Little D, and are quizzing him about what he likes to do BESDIES playing video games.

BOYFRIEND (to Little D): So what kinds of things do you do at home? Things that AREN’T playing video games?

LITTLE D: Uhhhhhh, I don’t know. Read books?

BOYFRIEND: Books! That’s cool! Like what kind of books? (Pretty much just relieved to get an answer that doesn’t involve TV in some way, shape, or form)

LITTLE D: Uhhhhhh, like comic books.

BOYFRIEND: That’s cool! I like comic books too! We have a lot in common huh!?! (I’m pretty sure he was trying on purpose to be overly psyched but who knows?)

ME: (To both of them) Gosh! That’s all just so WEIRD! It’s like you’re RELATED or something! Huh….

**crickets** And theeennnn we had to change the subject. Some people just have NO sense of humor. Losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment