Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My birthday is my curse

So you know how you get super excited for your birthday? And you try and casually mention it to people like a few weeks before in hopes that they'll remember and send you a text or e-mail or something fun on the actual day?

Awesome, right??

Well that sort of stuff happens to me too, but it always, always has to be accompanied by something really horrible too.

Why is this?

I've tried to thinking back to when this started. I can't really seem to pin point it though. So every year, I get all psyched up and excited. I mark my calendar. I mark my friends' calenders. I date drop in conversation. It's fun! Then I remember THE CURSE and I get a little freaked.

It started out with small stuff - like it being 105 degrees out (No Kidding! Remember? Back in the day? When summers used to be hot? Yeah..) and my cakes would melt. So there are all these pictures of me sitting in front of lopsided birthday cakes.

Now, here we are 28 years later (I'm not ashamed!) and THE CURSE continues! This year it's boyfriend troubles. Big ones apparently. **Sigh**

I'm trying to focus on all the good! There was lots of it!! That's the kind of stuff that keeps me going...thank God! Seriously - if you are reading this and you helped me celebrate even in a small way - you have no idea how much that helped me get through my day. Thank You!!

So here I am, another year older, another curse behind me (sort of). I was hoping for a less dramatic start to my 28th year, but I guess we can't have it all.

And if you don't think the little things are the ones that count - you don't have birthday's like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment